The Bottom Line
Sony has announced a 2nd Generation DVDirect with DV Input! Click here for more information. - May 10
- Connect Directly to a Camcorder or VCR
- Connect to a PC for DVD Burning
- Easy-to-use Interface
- Record in 3 Quality Settings
- Double Layer, External DVD Recorder
- No DV input for recording from a DV Camcorder
- No 4 Hour Record Mode
- No Video Outputs
- Easily make DVDs from Tape
- Connects to a Camcorder, VCR or a Computer
- Record up to 12 Hours on a Double Layer DVD
Guide Review - Sony DVDirect VRD-VC10 DVD Recorder
The DVDirect records in three quality settings, 1 hour, 2 hour and 6 hour. Those times can be doubled using double-layer DVDs. Recording in the 6 hour mode is below VHS quality. A 4 hour mode would have been nice for recording sporting events. No video outputs are included on the DVDirect, which means recordings made on the device must be viewed on another machine.
A good device for those interested in having an all-in-one DVD Recorder.