Before You Buy
By Adam Thursby
- Digitally Recording TV and Video
- Digital Video Recorders Explained
- TV Tuner/Video Capture Cards/Devices Explained
- DVD Recorders Explained
- Media Center and Home Theater PCs Explained
- TV Tuner/Video Capture/Media Center Software Explained
- DVD Burners/DVD Media Explained
Digitally Recording TV and Video
Take a look at the different ways to Digitally Record TV and Video.
Digital Video Recorders Explained
Digital Video Recorders (DVRs), sometimes referred to as Personal Video Recorders (PVRs), were first introduced in 1997 by TiVo, Inc. and ReplayTV. These Hard Disk Recorders offer consumers a great way to record their favorite TV.
- Before You Buy a Digital Video Recorder
- Deciding on a Set Top Digital Video Recorder
- Why Should I Use a Digital Video Recorder Instead of a VCR?
- What is a Dual-Tuner Digital Video Recorder?
- What is the Difference between a DVR and a DVD Recorder with built-in Hard Drive
- How do Set Top Digital Video Recorders (DVR) work?
- TiVo 101
TV Tuner/Video Capture Cards/Devices Explained
TV Tuner and Video Capture Cards and Devices that capture TV or Video to a Computer.
- What are the Different Types of Capture Cards?
- Before You Buy a TV Capture Card or Video Capture Card
- USB TV and Video Capture Device
- What is Video Compression?
- TV Tuner Card
DVD Recorders Explained
Read about the different types of DVD Recorders for Recording TV and Video to DVD Disc.
- A Detailed Look at DVD Recorders
- Before You Buy a DVD Recorder
- HDD/DVD Recorder
- DVD Recorder with ATSC Tuner
- Can a DVD Recorder record in Surround Sound?
Media Center and Home Theater PCs Explained
Media Center and Home Theater PCs put the Personal Computer at the forefront of Recording TV and Video.
- What is a Media Center PC?
- What Do You Need to Turn a Computer Into a Media Center PC?
- Use Your PC as Part of a Home Theater System
TV Tuner/Video Capture/Media Center Software Explained
The software that gets TV and Video onto your Computer.
- What is Video Capture Software?
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
- ReplayTV Media Center Software
- What is a PlaceShifter?
DVD Burners/DVD Media Explained
DVD Burners are an essential part of getting your TV and Video onto a Digital format.
- Decipher a 16x Dual-Format Double-Layer Internal 8.5 GB DVD Writer or DVD Burner
- What is the difference between DVD and Video CD?
- DVD Sizes, What is DVD-5, DVD-10, DVD-9, DVD-18 and Double Layer DVDs?
- What are the recordable DVD formats?
- What is the Difference Between Dual-Layer DVD and Double-Sided DVD?