Media Center PCs allow you to:
• Listen to music through speakers attached to your PC or through your home audio system.
• Watch TV programming (broadcast, cable, or satellite) on your computer monitor.
• Use your computer's hard drive to record and store television programs and play them back later (time shifting), making the computer a DVR (digital video recorder).
• Edit your digital photographs and display them in digital slideshows.
• Edit your digital home movies.
• Listen to local and Internet radio.
• Record music and video files to CD or DVD format so they can be played on other computers, CD and DVD Players, sound systems, etc.
Many computer manufacturers offer Media Center PCs, including, Dell, Gateway, HP and Alienware, among others.